Monday, November 18, 2013

Observation 3

In my last observation, I saw a couple of new organisms, along with the others I had recently observed. I have a multitude of Cyclops organisms and found several more this time as well. In my last post I mentioned finding a Midge in my microaquarium. I found the midge again this time, it had grown significantly and came out of its shell more often. Along with these, I observed a few new organisms, one being a Hydra. Dr. McFarland informed me that this species is hard to come by in the microaquariums. I also found large groups of the Vorticella species and the Difflugia species, and then a few of the Closteridium species.



Bibliography

Pennack, . Freshwater Invertebrates of the US. Print.

Pennack, . Freshwater Invertebrates of the US: Protazoa to Mollusca. Print.

Patterson, D.J. Free Living Freshwater Protazoa. 1996. Print.

Society of Protozoologists, . Illustrated Guide to the Protazoa. 1985. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment